In a study done by Environmental Working Group in 2012, it was found that newborn babies had over 200 different chemicals in them including:
- Mercury – harms brain development and function
- Polyaromatic Hydrocarbons – linked to cancer
- Polybrominated dibenzodioxins and furans – toxic to endocrine system
- Perfluorinated chemicals – linked to cancer, birth defects and more
- Polychlorinated dibenzodioxins and furans –toxic to endocrine system
- Organochlorine pesticides – cause cancer and reproductive damage (hormonal)
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers – affect brain development and thyroid
We are swimming in a chemical soup of toxins, many of which cause health problems, and many more are untested. We are exposed in many different ways including our food, air, water, and toiletries to just name a few.
- 12.2 million adults – one of every 13 women and one of every 23 men – are exposed to ingredients that are known or probable human carcinogens every day through their use of personal care products.
- One of every 24 women, are exposed daily to personal care product ingredients that are known or probable reproductive and developmental toxins, linked to impaired fertility or developmental harm for a baby in the womb or a child.
- One of every five adults are potentially exposed every day to all of the top seven carcinogenic impurities common to personal care product ingredients.
Toxins cause disease, and if you remove the toxins, you will remove stress upon your body so you may enjoy more vibrant health. It is also important to avoid the toxins, and make intelligent purchases and lifestyle choices that decrease your exposure. Click here for a list of low risk personal products.