- 1 cup raw, organic almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts or cashews – soaked overnight in enough purified water to cover the nuts
- 4 cups pure filtered water
- 1/2 tsp healthy salt (Celtic sea salt, Wright’s salt, etc. Refer to your binder for more information)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1-2 drops of liquid stevia or 1-2 tsp raw honey
- Soak your nut of choice for at least 12 hours in pure water with 1/2 tsp healthy salt. This is an important step as it breaks down enzyme inhibitors and promotes beneficial enzymes in the nuts.
- Drain and rinse nuts, and dry in oven on lowest heat.
- Rinse nuts well.
- Mix nuts with 4 cups of puried water in blender or Vitamix.
- Blend several minutes until smooth. (Warning: mixture will expand some, so make sure your blender is not full.)
- Strain mixture into a large bowl through a cheese cloth.
- Put mixture back into blender with vanilla bean and sweetener, if desired.
- Pour into glass jar or pitcher and store in fridge for up to one week.
You may make almond flour by saving the pulp of the almonds after you strain the liquid off. Put on a cookie sheet and dehydrate in the oven on the lowest heat until it is completely dry. Run dried pulp through a blender or food processor.