- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flake
- 2 cups slivered raw almonds (slivered almonds do best here)
- 1 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 3 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of recommended salt
- 3 TBSP coconut or olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries (or other dried fruit like goji, )
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup gluten free, organic oats
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and position a rack in the center of the oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut, nuts, chia seeds, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the coconut oil and honey and pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a large baking sheet (may require two depending on size) and bake for 20 minutes. Then remove from oven, add dried blueberries and roasted sunflower seeds and stir.
- Increase heat to 340 degrees and return to oven for another 5-8 minutes, or until deep golden brown.
- The coconut oil will help this granola crisp up nicely, but be sure to watch it carefully as it browns quickly.
- Once the granola is visibly browned and done cooking (about 27 minutes), remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Store in a container with an air-tight seal and it should keep for a few weeks.
Recipe courtesy of “The Minimalist Baker”, for pictures and original recipe visit HERE.